Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Fund raiser and fun coming!

Hello all,
I've only got 5 minutes here, sorry. For a nice description of the fund-raiser go to nick's blog at www.nicknkenya.blogspot.com . Summary: good, not great, not terrible. Over double the money that was put into it came out, though only 1/10 of what we were hoping for came in (about $500 worth of stuff). God is wise, though, it's making me pray for our potential income generating project even more!
Please pray for it! Starting next week we're going to be dipping our feet in an avocado collecting business. After all of our research on chickens, rice fields, and what not, this seems to be the best opportunity to help us get food on a more sustainable basis (by getting us more money to buy the food!). I'm trying not to get my hopes up, and also trying to walk with faith, believing that what I pray for will happen (I'm terrible at that).

IN OTHER NEWS: KAREN HARTMAN IS COMING TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

I'm excited beyond words. She's gonna chill here for 3 days, meet a million people who want to meet her, and then we're going to hike up Mt. Kenya!!! Pray for all of these things, please (and that I don't wear Karen out with my excitement!).

Thanks for the one person who posted they were going to fast for the fund raiser- you rock!

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog and I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED ABOUT IT! :)
    I spent an hour reading every word you've written so far and am utterly stoked about being truly filled-in on your adventures.
    Okay... I'm praying for you. For reals.
    Keep posting! I'll delight in each update!

    ReplyDelete