Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Dislocation Station

Bad News: I dislocated my knee yesterday while playing soccer. Thankfully (or not, only time will tell) it was not the same knee that I dislocated two years ago. 
Thus far it seems to not be of the same caliber that my first one was (I don't feel any chips of my knee cap floating around), but since it only happened yesterday I don't yet know how badly it messed up my ligaments, tendons, etc... 
This is fairly deflating for me, especially as I consider trying to return to the US, find a job, and marry the woman of my dreams. Depending on how bad it is, my recovery time could be a year (or more) and that would dramatically change the number and kind of jobs that I can work. 
I appreciate your prayer for healing, and trust in God's plan and provision. I'm not really worried, but I have begun grieving the things I won't be able to do because of this injury.
 I also appreciate you joining me in thanks to God, that it wasn't anything worse, that it happened to me and not one of the boy's at the Ranch (whose access to medical help is much smaller than mine), and that God knew about this and will work it for me good- even Karen's! 

My greatest thanks to you. May you sense the reality of the nearness of our God. 

1 comment:

  1. Man, the dislocation station is not the place to be. Besides being in major pain, was it cool at all? :) I was working at the Univ. of Kansas challenge course last fall when one of the participants dislocated his knee cap - and with my awesome WFR training, I helped him put it back into place! Sweet!

    I will be praying for your knee! When do you get back? I'm taking a road trip to Austin/Camp Eagle in early August...

    ReplyDelete