Monday, February 2, 2009

Phase 1: Complete

It's official: I quit my day job. 
Last Friday was my very last day of gainful employment for a long time. It went just fine (ptl) and I had some nice goodbyes with people at work. I also got to see my cousin Scott and his wife (Becky) and kids (Andrew and Ansley) at work on Friday- unplanned and super cool. 
   After packing like a mad-man and eating nice great pancakes (thanks Ryan!) I drove down to Roswell, NM for a week of chillin with the Hartman clan. So far it's been really nice here! Nice weather, nice people, nice food. I was unexpectedly asked to speak at the adult sunday school class yesterday, and had a really enjoyable time sharing what God has been doing in Denver in the last year. Someone even said that they wanted to support my trip to Kenbia afterwards! How creative is our God?!
   Today I'm choosing the insurance that Nick and I will use, blogging here, and other stuff associated with the trip. I'm pretty stoked to go!!!
    Also, my apologies on not updating my financial situation like I said I would. So far about $1,200 has come in for my trip- about 1/3 of the total goal! Thanks to everybody who has sent stuff in, that's pretty tight cause I hear that there's not a lot of cash to go around these days. 
   Well, that's it for now. I'm here in Roswell until next Saturday (the 7th). Here's my schedule from here on out:
     7th- Leave Roswell for Camp Eagle
     8th- Leave Eagle for Austin
     10th- Leave Austin for JBU-land
     13th- Leave JBU for Austin
     14th- Leave Austin for Denver
     18th- Leave Denver
     20th- Arrive in ZAMBIA!!!!!!!!

    I'd love to see you before I go, so email me (markjadawson@gmail.com) or give me a call (512-470-2781) and let's get together. Vaya con Dios!

No comments:

Post a Comment