Sunday, January 11, 2009

6 weeks and counting...

Well, that's the plan at least. I still haven't bought my plane ticket (Lord willing that will happen this week), but I feel much closer to leaving. This week I got some more shots, am taking my typhoid medicine, and got my prescription for malaria (Doxycyclene- bring on the sunburn!).
Cool story: the travel clinic that I went to for my meds gave me a $100 discount on my visit as "their contribution toward my trip"- how cool is that?!
In other news, Nick found out that missionary training school is a LOT more expensive than we had thought, and most of my old shots had expired so I had to get more new ones (should I get another meningitis shot? It's EXPENSIVE). I have only 3 weeks of work left at Shred-It!! This job has been super supportive of my trip and I'm very thankful for them. :-)
I've decided to use this blog as a way to keep people updated on my financial support situation. I'll update it on Wednesday of each week. On Wednesday of this week I had one financial donation in to the folks at Heart of the Bride. I'll hopefully have more by this Wednesday!
Nick's church, Bloom, is also very excited about how they can support he and I during this trip. Nick and I will be speaking there on Jan 25th about our trip- praise the Lord for a good meeting with them and the opportunity to share!
Also, my own church family (Ancient Paths Church Network) is hosting a going-away party for me... except that I just realized it is on the same day that I'm speaking at Bloom. Hmmm....

Well, that's a bit of an update for now! If you have any specific questions for me then post them in the comments or email me and then I'll blog about them! Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment