Thursday, March 5, 2009

Description of the pictures below:
1. This is AMCC!!! Actually, AMCC is the portion of building on the far left, which has the blue doors. That's it!! 40 people sleep, eat, study, play, wash, and live in this place! Everything else is other stuff, and the whole place is owned by somebody else. Their rent was due today... and surprise, they didn't have the money for it!
2. People in leadership at AMCC. The two taller people standing in the back are the staff at AMCC: John Muhika Kameru, and Teacher-Nancy (whose last name I've never learned). Everyone else is on the board of AMCC. Two people local to the community, and John's parents (on the left).
3. Here's me and a bunch of the kids from AMCC! That metal contraption in the back is a hoist that they use to get water from 100 ft. down in the well. A bucket goes down there, not the kids. ;-)
4. I'm chasin' some zebras. I caught one and rode it, but the Kenyan gov't said we weren't allowed to take pictures because no human has ever tamed a zebra before. This is in Naivasha, 100 miles away from AMCC. VERY different terrain/animal population.
5. I'm holding custard apples!! These were my 2nd favorite fruit from Fiji, and I haven't seen them since I left Fiji 2.5 years ago. They were delicious, and I've eaten three of them now. Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment